Photo by Dave Bradley Photography. Styling by Rowena Day.
It’s plum time at Allandale, where we’re getting in tons of plums from Nagog HIll Farm in Littleon, Mass. To celebrate, we’re sharing this easy plum crisp recipe from Martha Stewart. It takes just an hour from start to finish.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe plums (about 8), cut into 1-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, oats, and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, toss plums with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon flour; sprinkle with oat topping. Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until topping is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes before serving.