YIELD: SERVES 2-4
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
- about 2-3 Fennel bulbs
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- lemon juice
- vegetable oil for oiling bbq grate
- On grill or bbq, make sure the grate is clean. With paper towel , dip in some vegetable oil and oil the grate on the bbq or grill. Heat the grill.
- Wash fennel bubs and cut the stems and root, leaving only the bulb. If it’s a very young and tender fennel bulb, you can eat some of the stem. But most of the mature fennel bulbs that you buy from the market have tough, unedible stems.
- Put the bulbs in to about 2 in wedges. Toss with olive oil and place on grill.
- Grill each side of bulb or bulb wedges for about 10-20 minutes (depending on toughness of bulb) . The fennel bulb will become soft and tender.
- Remove from grill, drizzle with a little more olive oil, salt, some lemon juice and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
RECIPE SOURCE: WHITEONRICECOUPLE.COM.