- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano – remember that you can pick some fresh in our herb garden when you get your CSA!
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups finely shredded green and red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, garlic, cumin, oregano and mustard just until sugar is dissolved. Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.